Thursday, December 06, 2007

on having it both ways

White Bread and The New Yorker, a visualiterary pun. I like to think that the creative people at Sara Lee have most deliberately created a public meditation on consumer culture and the historical construction of "taste" that addresses the material, visual and gustatory sensorium.


The heads up (and a charming excuse that mentions the ever-controversial BLT) came to me from Emdashes, the image comes from something called MarketingProfs Daily Fix.

Best of all, you can find this work of art and social commentary at a grocery store near you.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pun! It took me a minute.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'M DYING!!!

10:02 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

Lagusta, I was hoping you'd catch this. It's like a perfect storm of things you'd find funny.

9:58 AM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

oh, bless my soul!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]