Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Justice Talking and Anonymity

As for my housemate's pseudonym below, I'm really beginning to be troubled by my own anonymity. I used to live in an apartment building where one of the tenants would leave admonishing notes about the safety of the building, etc, UNSIGNED. I thought this was creepy. If you want to make an issue public, sign your name and we'll talk. But here I am, no signature. Then recently I heard a broadcast of the NPR show Justice Talking (titled "Stop the Presses") and they were having a discussion of unnamed sources. It seems like an idealistic position, but the journalists interviewed (left and right) seemed to think that public discussion should be public and I found I agreed with them. So hopefully I'll sign my name someday soon and take responsibility for the things I say.

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]