tmi: meme 4 implodes on contact with intensely private and de-centered subject
1. The Haunting (Robert Wise, 1963)
2. Persona (Ingmar Bergman, 1966)
3. Speed (Jan de Bont, 1994)
4. The Big Lebowski (Coen Brothers, 1998)
Fine, good, no problem. I'm comfortable sharing this.
Four TV shows that I routinely sing the theme songs to:
2. The Golden Girls
4. Freaks and Geeks
Or if there aren't words to the theme song, I'm making strange, high-pitched, mimetic noises. Also, my feet dance as they are propped on the coffee table while I watch self-conscious . . . but it's not like I'm so secretive, you can check my all consuming lists. Except my film tag doesn't seem to be working properly. Dammit.
Four of my favorite foods:
1. Cioppini and its variations. Anything with runny red sauce and seafood at a good restaurant.
2. Sushi, sometimes especially Korean sushi served with Korean dishes and side dishes
3. Pizza, all kinds of authentico
4. Cake, but only dry crumbly types. Not moist cake. Unless you mean dry crumbly cake soaked in alcohol.
That's this week. But I also like various Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai noodle dishes, lots of cold foods and many foods I've only read about. Most of the time I obsess about my palate, which I think draws me towards foods that are sour, dry and salty, metallic, spicy . . .
Four places I’d rather be right now:
1. Visiting old friends.
2. On a bicycle ride with my family.
3. At the beach - any type, any weather.
4. On my porch, in weak sunlight.
No one beleives me when I say that, within some given perameters, I am indifferent to place and I think it is important to live well no matter where I am . . . and it's not true anyway. I'm much happier here than I was in the last place I lived. And I think I'd be slightly happier in
Four websites I visit daily:
1. The New York Times
But that's it. I don't have this habit quite yet. I obviously love all the blogs on my little blogroll, but they'd know I as lying if I said I visited them everyday. If I took this literally I could add
2. PittCat, the catalog of the University of Pittsburgh Library System
4. My personal, blog and school-related email accounts.
I'm periodically frustrated by, and very self conscious about, the fact that I don't have film-type sites or blogs that I keep up with, but I do like
5. Senses of Cinema
for interesting film info I can trust, in a hurry. You know what I'd like? I'd like to share Delicious lists with all my friends and readers. But maybe it's too much work and my friends don't seem that interested. I am always looking for recommendations . . .
Well, I think everyone that reads this blog has been tagged by this meme already. Except maybe
and I hesistate to put people on the spot. My friends know this and it frustrates some of them because I never ask questions because I hate to pry and then it seems like I don't care but I do.
I apologize for the TMI, but I couldn't do it otherwise. And I told EL I would participate when she tagged me and then I found it all so difficult. This is the first time I've been tagged, and, unless I miss my guess, this will be the last. Ouch, it hurts.
UPDATE: I wanted to add this.
Four Places I've Lived:
Categories: shame/humiliation, blogging, film, food, travel