Tuesday, December 16, 2008
...it would, perforce, be an adopted baby from China? Brooks on Gladwell, in the NYT.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
- Name: zoe p.
- Location: United States
Anyone can comment, please do. If I haven't mentioned your favorite recent New Yorker article (or the one you loathed but couldn't tear your fascinated eyes away from) please just speak up anywhere you see fit.
- Synecdoche, New Yorker
- what we're reading
- i think my subscription has lapsed
- spike lee, dw griffith and the history of film stu...
- talk. talk. talk.
- talk of nettles. and thistles. and other things to...
- oh, please.
- Allen Shawn in the NYT Magazine
- the head swims: acocella and kinsley
- it's the little things
it's an easy target
Emdashes: Just as obsessed, but more polite.
The New Yorkerest piece in the magazine, weekly.
NYkette: Regular reader, extraordinary cartoonist.
Daniel Radosh, and his Anti-Caption Contest!
New Yorker White Boy Watch (wonders never cease)
some but not all of my thoughts on
- Denby, natch.
- I'm so over Acocella.
- A passing interest in Friend.
- I'd talk to Ross at a party,
- same goes for Schjeldahl.
- Flanagan smells.
- Anthony Lane is OK
- but he's no Pauline Kael.
- Lauren Collins is awfully popular.
- I don't love Gopnik.
- Steven Shapin is yummy with a spoon.
- Buford, eh.
Someone made a flickr set of The Writers, c. 2006
my posts, categorized
my love/hate is not-monogamous
- The New York Review of Books
- The New York Observer
- The Nation
- Gawker Yes. Gawker.
- Vanity Fair (the magazine)