Monday, July 17, 2006

just so you know

I have not received a magazine since July 3.

It may be that my subscription has lapsed. It may be that they've cut me off because I've got a bad attitude. I'll let you know when I know.

In other news I bought the following at the Squirrel Hill Library booksale: They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, The Long Goodbye, Gone with the Wind and Laura. Also Molly Haskell's From Reverence to Rape and a video copy of the earlier Imitation of Life. No kidding.

Categories: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger mzn said...

I haven't received an issue in a couple of weeks either. But they might be onto you.

5:56 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

It's reassuring to hear you haven't received any issues . . . my friends here in Pittsburgh always complain about late issues, but I'd never really had a problem before. Since I have so much spare time I am not spending reading the New Yorker, I've been watching too much X Files and I think it makes me paranoid.

8:07 AM  
Blogger OtherMichael said...

on the plus side, I just got a cache of back-issues from my father. I'm supposed to get tehm fairly regularly, but he was HOARDING them. Some date back to 2003. My word.




I REALLY hate reading great gallery reviews in old issues.

2:57 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

hmmm . . . that's interesting. i wonder what you still find worth reading . . . ? the test of (2-3 years worth of) time. and i would totally read descriptions of things that no longer existed, like the gallery reviews.

8:30 AM  
Blogger OtherMichael said...

The just-before and just-after Election 2004 articles were depressing, from my point of view. They also seem tinged with an air of the enevitable.

4:18 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

that would be tough to read. when i try to remember what i was doing that fall i just remember listening to radio news 24/7 and feel sick and anxious.

a lot of good that did anyone.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]