Saturday, September 09, 2006

lady in the water

I'm sure we remember my nostalgic anticipation of this film. Well, yes, it's corny and yes it's got some very fucked up bits and pieces but I would like to say that I really loved it. It kicks hobbit ass. I'll probably write more later, but for now just bear in mind that . . .

. . . I was extra-nervous about seeing it (at the Carmike Maxi-Saver Theater $2 on a Friday night, the crowd loved it) after having spent the day getting all anxious over save the girl's princessly virginity issues, see my comments at the chutry experiment on LG15. But it engages this kind of fairy tale plot and does something quite interesting with it. Die, critics, die!

I promise I'll do everything I promise: education digest, mass observation, then more on this film. I'm taking the education and 9/11 issues with me on a short trip to Dullsville this weekend, for careful review.

Categories:

5 Comments:

Blogger mzn said...

I am obsessed with lonelygirl, have been for weeks. It never occurred to me that she needs to be saved or that she is like a princess. Mulling it over.

2:02 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

did it occur to you she was like branden bremmer?

2:32 PM  
Blogger mzn said...

No, he didn't cross my mind either. Bree is gifted but I don't know if she's like him. Still it wouldn't surprise me at all of the "filmmakers" behind lg15 read about Bremmer. They might have taken some ideas from his story. They seem to read pretty widely. Maybe even this blog!

Have you seen the stuff from the past couple of days about lg15? It's kind of unravelling. I liked it better before the big confession when it was still mysterious. Or maybe the confession is fake...

4:41 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

the only thing that is real is your desire . . .

10:04 AM  
Blogger mzn said...

Oh, is my desire real.

But today the actress who plays lonelygirl is real too. Her name is Jessica. The fans tracked her down on myspace. There are dozens of pictures. It's all here.

(Apologies for appropriating this space to further my lg15 obsession, which--thus far--has no proper connection to New Yorker-hating.)

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]