Thursday, July 12, 2007

Gilding the Lily, Painting the Peacock


Little changes that would, she says, improve the design of the print version of TNY, while preserving much of its old-fashioned charm. In a two part article posted at the website of the AIGA ("the professional association for design"). The second part is more substantial, and pleasurable, than the first. By KT Meaney.

What do you think?

UPDATE: Emdashes covers it, and I'm always ready with an opinion.

April 3, 1926. Rea Irvin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay, thanks for the tip!

I also wrote about the NYer here: http://lagusta.wordpress.com/2007/04/19/men-and-the-things-they-like/

And I was just about to write about that HORRID Sicko review. He totally missed the point of the movie, and I am really losing my patience with David Denby.

:)

xo
Lagusta

6:44 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

David Denby is a constant inspiration to me.

I just read your letter to The Nation regarding Lazare and felt a warm, fuzzy feeling in the closing paragraphs.

That said, I'm, um, not much of a vegetarian.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]