Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I have cable TV. And the rest is history . . .

My media diet has been omnivori-fying. (Horrifying.)

My New Yorker subscription has actually lapsed (so I can't play with the by-subscription archives mentioned here**). And I now have cable TV.

So I saw the cover of a New York Review of Books that hasn't arrived yet in my mailbox on Rachel Maddow. And I also saw Mark Danner there. He was doing this weird thing where he claimed that the very language of the victims of CIA torture - as he quoted it - would testify to the authenticity of their accounts. It's been awhile since I thought about language that way.

I actually heard the same news - that the Red Cross is calling it torture - on the radio, on Democracy Now. In the car. Such is life.

** Martin Schneider follows up on a twitter from Matthew Yglesias and discovers an elaborate nest of New Yorker love/hate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]