Thursday, November 02, 2006

a face for radio

On the film A Prairie Home Companion, which I finally, um, for lack of a better word, saw. Until I discovered what I found to be a rather startling photo of Garrison Keillor on a book jacket, I don't believe I had any visual representations, real or imagined, for the radio show "A Prairie Home Companion." Except for that repurposed KFC building* I once mentioned, which always popped into my mind's eye. Altman and crew supply, if only temporarily (and that is good, I like my old dark radio space) quiet, textured, morbid and humourous visions, and makes a very, very, sonic film. Genius recording of dialog. Genius delivery of dialog. Genius Woody Harrelson.

*Link has required New Yorker and cooking associations.

Categories: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen that movie. My movie going is off.

But I read your comment on the other blog about hearing Garrison Keillor saying he'd become a Republican. And my only thought is, whatchu talking about, Willis? (I have no idea why I'm quoting 70s sitcoms but there it is.)

3:26 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

Well, that's the thing, it is a mystery. It was the winter of 2002, I think, judging by my memory of the floor tile onto which I almost dropped my knife. And that was the year of my radio addiction.

I don't think he was speaking in a fictional persona, or using one of his "we" voices, but maybe he was. He's a slippery fish.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]