Tuesday, October 10, 2006

public library, corporate charity

As if I weren't already conflicted enough about Whole Foods, nutrition, public insitutions (I know the CLP is totally complicted funding-wise) and private charity now this promotion. Whole Foods is giving 5% of next Wednesday's profits to the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. Heads up, Pittsburgh food bloggers and library users.

UPDATE: Informal meet-up of Pittsburgh's more or less informal food bloggers. Wednesday at 1 PM. Coffee and whatever else you feel comfortable eating at Whole Foods.

Categories: ,

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, where did you hear about that?! I don't know anything about the complicated funding picture of the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, but all I know is that I was spending $200 or so a month on books before I got my library card. A young fellow at the Squirrel Hill branch did fast talk me into subscribing to one of the new paid cards by claiming to be a high school friend of Leland's (denied by my son), so I spent $35 for benefits I haven't figured out how to use yet, but it's still the best bargain in town.

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's pretty cool! I've been looking forward to a trip to Whole Foods to get a few things I can't get at the Giant Eagle Market District down the road... perhaps I can put it off until next Wednesday.

10:49 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

I read about it at the library's homepage!

Which I use just about everyday to renew books and look for things that Pitt's Hillman doesn't have on the shelves; especially old, odd out-of-print books and movies on VHS. So I better buy a lot, I owe them. I'm definately making an ongoing list.

The info at the link suggests that it might be a total zoo, but you know what I was thinking? Maybe we could work this into Pittsburgh-food-bloggers-get-to-know-you-thing?

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great idea zp--what time are you going? I'll even give you a ride home unless you have your bike.

9:36 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]