Wednesday, April 11, 2007

(Dolphins discussing wishes.)

“If I could do only one thing before I died, it would be to swim with a middle-aged couple from Connecticut.”

New website, animated cartoons*, and now, this!

Written descriptions of the cartoon images. These things crack me up and seriously appeal to me. They've had the quote below the image for awhile, but they didn't always have these descriptions, did they?

(At the same moment, it seems, though, that I can no longer easily save and copy and post the cartoon images. But it may just be me and my browser and so on . . . )

One of the major ways in which one experiences New Yorker cartoons, after all, is in their physical, visual absence. Like when my father described the above cartoon, over the phone, upon learning about our upcoming relocation to New Haven.

And I love how succinct the descriptions are.

*Eh. If cinema is all about the pregnant moment, then so are cartoons. The animated ones don't always get that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out this TNY cartoon description:
http://www.cartoonbank.com/product_details.asp?mscssid=EW8QMC9UB9HD9GAPA3HAXUPA4X5R0MA2&sitetype=1&did=4&sid=123860&pid=&keyword=deer+season§ion=all&title=undefined&whichpage=1&sortBy=popular

Made me laugh, and I knew exactly who wrote it! (It's a rare TNY employee who dares skip their "g"s.)

12:07 AM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

Darlin'

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]