Thursday, July 19, 2007

that was Pauline Kael, on Steel Magnolias

The thing about the chalk and the blackboard. From 1989. Or, really, I'm not sure the capsule appeared until 1990. I remembered it all these years, and looked it up for accuracy in my CTNY.

Simon Rich, funny enough to make me smile, in The New Yorker. And, New Yorker related, but NOT funny enough to make me smile, at McSweeney's. Funnier than the "Shouts and Murmurs" - the comments on this Matthew Yglesias post about Simon Rich's homeroom antics.

Oh, wait, nevermind. It's kinda funny for someone who I imagined was much older. Graduated college in '07 ??!! Young people should be funnier than this and their frame of reference should be slightly different.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]