Wednesday, September 21, 2005

thrift and design

I inaugerate a new category, for low-impact consumption.

This post is about three new solutions . . .

A bookshelf that, because of the curved cut away sides, and the fact that the bottom 2 shelves are deeper than the top 2, serves as a long sought after night table. Bought at a tag near Clear Creek State Park, PA. Actually, the guy selling the stuff took one look at me and tried to sell me the pieces he'd refurbished (or whatever, he fixed them up and then tried to make them look older than they were) but I bought this, the only peice without any tricks to it. Listen buddy, I've been going to auctions since before I was born . . .

A chrome stool (one of four that I found in the neighbor's trash) will allow us to take off our muddy, snowy shoes in comfort this winter. Don't mock the generic rug, it was free.

A cheap brand of raspberry jelly that tastes slightly different than Smuckers - I've been having a hard time finding large jars of Smuckers Raspberry and I figured its time to move on. Ingredients: Corn Syrup, Red Raspberries, Fruit Pectin, citric acid and sodium citrate. Nothing especially fancy, but that's what most store bought jellies have in them. Made in PA and available at Foodland - Belle View. With this promise: "Our recipes are old but our facilities are sanitary and modern." Awwww. As for Smuckers, I was at a nice brunch place that specialized in "northwest" cuisine and I bit into my nice hearty whole wheat toast with jam and what did I taste? Smuckers. Maybe this one doesn't quite fit the category, but I thought I'd make the recommendation anyway.

As for the photo and text relationships, well, you can mix and match them, if you'd like.

Categories: , ,
Affects:
Sensory Experiences: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stool is pretty darn cool.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um. i've got three more and no bar to put them at. but the other three are in really bad shape rust-wise. the seats swivel like mad tho' - some sort of ball bearing technology. also, the stickers on the bottom say COSCO columbus, indiana with stamps that say March 1954.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]