Monday, October 17, 2005

rememberance of memes past

Evidence that I love a bad pun as much as the next blogger.

I also love the magazine Vanity Fair. Like the New Yorker, it's written by an elite clique, or at least it tries to sound like it is, but it's therefore more upfront about this. Like old Dame Edna. And Graydon Carter (or is it Carter Graydon?) writes a heartfelt editors letter. All in all, I would read the magazine if it were free. I especially like the Hollywood history stuff.

I also like Thackery's Vanity Fair, and, I feel like the only person in the world, Mira Nair's Vanity Fair. That was a long movie, but when it was over I just wanted more . . . Like the book.

But that's not what this post is about. It's about the relationship of memes to the Vanity Fair Proust Questionnaire. A short history of which, including Proust's original answers, is found here. Pair this with the Wikipedia definition of meme and ponder . . .

Q: To what faults do you feel most indulgent?

So, if there isn't already a meme based on the Proust Questionnaire, I'll be writing one. And if there is a Proust Questionnaire meme, let me know, and I'll send it to you, and others.

Categories: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger juniper pearl said...

it's written, dear. it's also more upfront. don't get lazy on me, there's nothing i like less than an unworthy adversary.

i'll have to think longer about this question, but you've probably already guessed that one of those faults is not a lack of grammatical fastidiousness.

6:25 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

oww. thanks.

i used to have a paper with this on it in my line of sight from my computer, but that was in my old apartment. i'm making a new one right now so i can live up to the standards of a worthy adversary.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]