Friday, July 09, 2010

wild pair

Yesterday Vandana Shiva went toe to toe with independent journalist Gwynne Dyer on Democracy Now regarding, you know, the coming global warming apocalaypse (currently in previews). I would have preferred that Goodman NOT open it up to a "Debate on Geoengineering," which was a bit nuts, but rather let Shiva more deliberately explain the alternatives to Dyer's rather, um, dire scenarios, which he had the time and space to explain more fully in an interview with Gonzalez and Goodman.

But the whole business reminded me of a New Yorker fiction I like a few months back and never commented on - you remember - "Diary of an Interesting Year."

3 Comments:

Anonymous lagusta said...

I just want to say that I admire you for listening to Democracy Now. It depresses the hell out of me, so, even though it's by far the news show closest to my politics, I can't stand to actually listen to it. So I listen to NPR all day until my ears want to commit suicide. You're my hero.

Also: Vandana Shiva! Woo!

2:40 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

Ug. I know. I wish DM would do more stories about people working hard and doing good. When they do these stories, they do them well.

3:13 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

PS. If you check out their website, they are hiring a cool mid-level type admin position! Tell your NY-based friends!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]