Wednesday, September 21, 2005

tit for tat

To Emily Gordon, at emdashes, I say, "Start your engine, honey." I'm as proud drag race this comrade as I am to be the crotchety nemesis of Juniper Pearl, pretentious hack. Scroll down her sidebar.

So, as they sing on Freaks & Geeks, "I don't give a damn about my bad reputation . . . "

But Emily, why, when I click on the text "I Hate The New Yorker" at emdashes, do I link to Robert Gordon at TMP? Does my browser have the hiccups? And why did you use the word pneumatic that way?

Corrected: emdashes. I think I was awe-struck by the emdashes EMily play on words . . . .

Categories: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

We're racing for pinks, right?

Thanks for the media-watchdoggery! I usually check my links, but last night I was kinda sleepy.

I'm using pneumatic in the sense of, y'know, Huxley. And there's no hyphen in my emdashes.

6:03 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

Wait, I think that should have been awestruck.

And I haven't read Brave New World. But one of my best friends in high school had this amazing way of telling me the plots of novels in great detail for hours and hours and almost entirely without opinion or editorial comment . . . it was odd and pleasurable, but still, I guess I misssed a lot of the literary style that way.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]