Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Barbara Walters Steals the Show













This morning at about 5 AM, Benj asked, frantically, "Where's that article I was reading about Barbara Walters?" I mumbled, "Oh, that was awesome, best thing in the magazine."

But I was referring to the excerpt from her memoirs published in the June 2008 issue of Vanity Fair. Not the New Yorker piece he was in the middle of. Which I will definitely read. But about the Vanity Fair, which I left on the plane:

Walters is a great writer, the story is fascinating, and it includes lines like,

"Thank heaven for Alan Greenspan. We dated rather seriously for several years, and he really saw me through this agonizing time."

Her use of cliche evokes a distinct historical period and I love it. "That ship has sailed." Full excerpt here. The photos are also quite nice. Not the ones included online, of course, but the 2 page collage of action shots.

Miley who?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this blog! keep up good works...its to be nice if we can know each other, do you think so?

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]