Wednesday, August 11, 2010

what did you think?

Charles Schumer. Toobin, cute, but no biggie. (subscription only)

The Senate, in general, by George Packer. Funny, sad and easy to read. (avail)

David Sedaris on airline travel, and hate. Hits a nerve. (subscription only)

Hospice by Atul Gawande.
The title for this in the paper TOC was so dull - "rethinking" something or other . . . But the article was amazing and I was reduced to tears on a bright summer's day. Lagusta warned me! (avail)

John Lurie. Tad Friend really captures the weirdness. (subscription only)

Nicholson Baker on video gaming. Oh My God. He was born to write this. (subscription only) I'll probably even listen to the podcast, eventually.

Also, Gil Scott-Heron and Agatha Christie.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous lagusta said...

It was a good issue!

Yep, the hospice one got everyone.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hospice and Video games were well written. The Sedaris piece didn't impress me - I usually love his honest whining, but it may have been almost too complainy to be funny. Interesting, though, that others I know enjoyed it quite a bit.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]