Monday, October 31, 2005

found! my grey hat! thank you everyone!

This past weekend saw a sudden trip to the DC area . . . we drove our old Honda (I think it is a '92) and it still gets almost 30 miles/gallon on the highway. What a wonder.

But before we left town, I ran into the Squirrel Hill Theater to ask about my missing hat.

And they'd found it!

I had checked at the theater the Saturday night I lost the hat, but either our lines were crossed that night, or someone returned the hat the movie theater later . . .

In other news, we stayed in a Motel 6 in the DC suburbs and when we arrived, very late, at the hotel we saw a little person, he had long dredlocks and he was talking on a cell phone in French. When we woke up, we saw in the parking lot a van labelled "El Circo."

We also ate at the Sushi Chalet in the DC suburbs. Its a sushi buffet and also has Korean vegetable pancakes, beef ribs and kimchi . . . We always go when we are nearby and it's very tasty, even if it's not the fanciest sushi you'll ever eat.

On the way home from DC we listened to The Who's Tommy in full. It took exactly the amount of time to play as we spent on 76, from Breezewood to Pittsburgh. Spooky. I felt very close to my TV friends on Freaks & Geeks and I felt like a pinball myself when driving on 76 in the dark what with the big concrete bumpers and the lights and the whizzing back and forth.

We also heard a nice interview on NPR with very elderly historian John Hope Franklin.

Categories: , , ,
Sensory Experiences: , ,
Affects: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger femme feral said...

I'm so glad that you found your hat!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]